This weekend was really REALLY hot. We finally had to turn on the AC. I was also unmentionably sick all weekend and I think I'm finally getting over it (I hope).
It's actually still really hot but it's supposed to rain today so at least that would cut the humidity. The pool at my in-laws' place is open and ready for use but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Good god I dream of the pool!
List of complaints:
- getting up to pee every 2-3 hours in the night
- random heartburn when trying to get back to sleep (I never have it at any other time)
- ants in our house
- joints are so loose that walking is actually difficult
- sinus infection
- waking up in a pool of sweat even though the ac is on and I have not even the sheet on
- prepared fruits don't just magically appear right in front of me
- still haven't found popsicle molds
- baby has decided to practice mosh pit dancing/flailing/punching
ummm ok I think that's it...
Thursday I went to Brent's gig at Dekuf. I was not a fan of the first and third bands but the second (Brent's)
did pretty good and the headliner
was pretty great for that style, which is not a style I normally enjoy, so that's saying a lot. plus there was one dude who was super hilarious because it was his birthday.
Friday I called in sick to work because I was exhausted, and actually sick (see complaints above). I had planned on puttering about the house, cleaning it up and meeting with the doula but I just napped and snuggled puppies all day. I was feeling HORRID so I canceled with the doula.
Saturday we ran errands during the day and did our groceries in the same store but a different location. I think it threw us off our grocery buying game. Later that evening, we went out to Oz Kafe
to celebrate the birthday of Christos the Wonder Greek. I have a few sweet photos but I haven't uploaded them yet. Our table probably pissed off the surrounding diners as someone (my husband) started a conversation about getting caught by the girlfriend's parents and then the stories came flying out way too loud and way too fast. It was fairly hilarious.
Sunday we visited with Brent's parents and one of their old friends and his daughter who just moved into town to do her residency,. They both seemed really nice. Then we went to Almonte to celebrate Ethan's 2nd birthday. It was so hot out so we parked ourselves under a shady tree and enjoyed the river's breeze.
I crashed when we got home and Brent went to hockey, poor guy. At least there's ice there to cool off on.
Coming up this week:
- Midwife appointment on Tuesday
- Doula appointment on Thursday
- Interview for the job I already have been doing for 3+ years on Friday
- Pregosaur photoshoot on Saturday JEFF WHAT TIME ARE WE DOING THAT???
- Finally starting the flooring in the baby's room sometime this weekend....
On this day:In 2006
- I was being pretty randomIn 2005
- This is why my face is crazy.