So I made the Thai Red Curry again last night and it turned out a bit better so I'll let you know what I did.
- Simmer 1 can coconut milk with 3-4 Tablespoons of red curry paste for 5 minutes
- Add 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, 1/3 cup water and one vegetable bouillon cube.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh peas and let simmer while you cut the rest of the veggies
- Other veggies: 1/4 cup onion, 2 heads broccoli, 1/2 zucchini, 2 small carrots, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1 red pepper, 8 snow peas and 1 cup fresh baby spinach.
- Add the veggies that take a bit longer to cook first (broccoli, carrots, pepper) then after a couple minutes add the rest.
- Let simmer while you shred about 20 fresh basil leaves and julienne one green onion. Stir in and serve over cooked dry rice (preferably brown/wild)
You can use any veggies you like. Eggplant is really good in this as well and so would be a couple seeded diced tomatoes and a thinly sliced potato. Just make sure the overall volume is equivalent or else it will be way too saucy. It's already REALLY saucy. You can replace the veggy cube and water with straight-up broth if desired. Also you are 'supposed' to use fish-sauce instead of soy sauce but I find that gross, hence the soy sauce.
My next adventure will be green curry! (Much hotter)
As far as my housework goals go:
- Vacuum all levels - MAIN LEVEL DONE
- Mop all hard floors
Clean baseboards - STARTED THOSE ON THE MAIN FLOOR AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT DOESN'T DO SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SCUFFED AND DAMAGED. THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED
- Clean interiors of windows + sills - MAIN LEVEL DONE
Set up a 'scene' on the dining table to make it look homey and to keep me from leaving all my junk on it.
- Deep-clean the kitchen (including fridge and pantry) - HALF DONE
- Go through the dresser and remove the clothes I don't use and put away all my clean laundry which currently doesn't fit in the dresser.
- Make the bed (I'll just do this Saturday only since he won't be there to see it the rest of the time)
Take out the garbage and recycling - HALF DONE Organize the front closet (this involves getting rid of some of my shoes, any of you ladies a size 8?)[
- photos of stuff up for grabs to be posted in the next few days]
- Bathe the dogs
Wash the random blankets and towels Dust the stuff that gets dusty Reorganize bookcase and tv-stand stuff (books movies cds)
I didn't really do any yesterday. SYTYCD was on and I decided to take a night off but I found it hard to just sit around and watch TV so in commercials I took a damp cloth and wiped down the switch plates, door handles and any walls with hand marks on them.
On this day:In 2006
- Stress relief, white women's syndrome, Tyrone's mummified apple and re-writing my bio.In 2005
- The best quote of all-time (or at least of recent times), Brent-my personal maid?, quitting smoking and lunch room annoyances.